Get your lasso ready, cause we're going to the Rodeo!
You can't consider yourself a true Texan until you've experienced the Rodeo. Last night, a good friend of mine and I decided to become true Texans, hence the Rodeo visit. We had tickets for the Lady Antebellum concert @ 6:45 pm, but to our surprise, our ticket not only included the park pass but also access to the "cowboys competitions", as I would ignorantly call them, before the concert. Bull Riding, Barrel Racing, and Team Roping were some of the opening act for the country singing group, Lady Antebellum. I really was amazed at the fact that 1)cowboys do exist, 2) they enjoy tying calves and loading sheep with small children, and 3) "cowgirls" look sexy when horseback riding. Of course, being the distracted guy that I am, I totally forgot to memorize the songs before the concert, so last night I was more of a spectator than a noisy fan....The group caught my attention on a deep level though. I am not a fan of country singing groups, but this one really got me going...I really enjoyed the concert.
[This world keeps spinning faster, baby you're the one I run to, I run to you]
After that, we headed to the "food court" and to the carnival area. It was so packed with people. I was very impressed with the menu level of sophistication that most of the kiosks had: fried twinkies, fried oreos, fried turkey legs, FRIED FROG LEGS, ...they must really have a fetish with lard. Anyhow, I am officially a Texan citizen. I promise that I will bring my cowboy hat and alligator boots to the Rodeo next year. (and I also promise that I will never ever wear my rubber shoes again, since they took a toll on my poor feet).
Here are some pictures that I took @ the RO DE O. Enjoy!
Yeehaw y'all!

0 comments:
Post a Comment