Accidents can sometimes be a good thing.
Today I decided to groom Nahla, as I usually do every Sunday. I gave her a bath, brushed her teeth and cleaned her ears with a q-tip. I also did something else that I've never done before. I tried to trim her nails. I followed the instructions on the back of the box, and I proceeded to slay my fear of cutting her nails. First paw, done. Second paw, so far so good. Third paw, never better. When I finally reached her last paw, I was getting ready to cut her nail when she suddenly moved at the same time that I pressed on the nail clipper and blood started to squirt off her paw instantly. My fear became a reality. I panicked for a second there. I tried stopping the flow of blood by applying pressure on the nail, and it seemed to have worked. I called a couple of friends and my cousin for advice, and while I was doing that, the frigging nail decided to squirt some more blood. That's when I really started to panic. I wasn't feeling very good, and I didnt want to go to the Animal Hospital so I prayed to God. And apparently he heard my prayer, cause the bleed stopped.
Lesson learned: Bad things are not always a bad thing.



1 comments:
Hmmmm didn't know you were thinking about getting rid of her?!?
Post a Comment