Living in H-Town

A record of my experiences while living in Houston, TX

February 23, 2010

My first blog

February 23,2010

Today I decided to publish my first blog as part of my goals for this new year (a little late for resolutions eh?) Well, work was OK, I guess. Will, one of my coworkers, farted in front of me while we were having a deep conversation. It reminded me of The Office. I love that show. Anyways, I'm getting closer to find out what my next rotation is going to be. Since my position requires to move to a different location/assignment annually, I'm very eager to find out. Will I stay in the Houston area next year? Time will tell soon. It kinda sucks though cause I already settled in, and I really don't like "change". It's awkward to meet new people, and to get used to the lingo and the new job. The first couple of weeks were horrible for me when I started. I had lunch by myself and I really wasn't clicking with anyone. I didn't feel part of anything and I had a hard time dealing with loneliness and "homesickness" at the same time. It feels like I'm starting over again. At least I made a couple of friends in Houston and I've learned a lot these past few months I've been away from home. It makes me wonder...
Ugh, I get distracted easily, so let's get back to it. After work, I stepped into the gym, and worked for 2 hours straight (that's a big deal for me, being the lazy guy that I am). I'm trying to shed off a couple of pounds for the summer season. Oh and interestingly enough, my best friend called me. We haven't spoken in a long time. It's weird how we can stop talking for a long time, and yet we're able to catch up quickly from where we left off, and keep on going. That makes me feel good about myself and my relationships with people.
Oh well, that's enough for one day I guess. Til next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment