Today was my first day working as a process efficiency engineer in Laporte, TX. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about today...I was really antsy, like a little boy waiting on Santa Clause to leave the gifts under the Christmas tree. I don't know why I act that way...but anyway I was there at 7 am, got to be part of the morning safety meeting, met the operators, hung out in the control room for a while and even climbed onto the coldbox to open a valve. This is definitely the dream job of a Chemical Engineer. On top of everything else, I got my own office...so no more sharing bitches! All in all, I had the most amazing time and my boss and office neighbors are just awesome.
In addition to that, today I started with the weight loss challenge which consists of eating healthy and exercising regularly. The weekly goal is to lose 2.5 lbs. A friend of mine also joined in so I'l keep you posted on how things go with it. Well, that's all for tonight. Need to be rested for work tomorrow.
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About me
Hey! My name is Jose, but the gringos call me Hose A. I'm a chemical engineer, from Puerto Rico, who recently moved to Houston, TX for work. Ive always wanted to have a journal to keep track of awkward moments, good memories and life lessons, and I'm not really a "pen and paper" type of person, so I decided to create this blog instead. Hope you like it, and better yet hope your soul gets nourished by my whimsical sense of humor and my awkward personality :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment